Well, after years of dreaming it has finally happened...we are upgrading to a family of 3! We decided to start trying to conceive a couple months before I finished nursing school last year. I was SO excited! Ever since I was little I had dreamed of being a mom and couldn't wait for that day to actually come. Everything seemed perfect... Tena and I had been married for two and a half years and had done a lot of traveling and other fun things in that time, we had a house with plenty of room in an excellent neighborhood, we had both finished school and had good jobs and a steady income, we were healthy and so so happy. But, as the months went by and we still weren't getting pregnant, I started to become discouraged. I tried so hard to have a good attitude. I prayed every night for patience and for the blessing of having a child. I even started looking into adoption (thinking that we just might not be able to conceive). My mom and I joked that maybe our kid was up in heaven and my grandpa Bott, who enjoyed talking (he could just go on and on and on for hours) was up there talking and talking to him/her and wasn't letting them come to earth ;) (Maybe there was some truth in that). I felt hopeful after a visit to the OB, but the next month, still nothing. Ugh!
In August we took a trip to California to attend a good friend's wedding. The day we got back home, I planned on taking a pregnancy test first thing the next morning. I didn't realize I worked at 7am though and had to rush off to work. When I got home I took a test. (The whole month, for some odd reason, I just felt like it was going to happen. This was our month- after a year of trying, we were going to get pregnant. I just knew it. In the back of my mind, of course, I kept thinking, "Yeah right, you're just getting your hopes up..." I looked at the test, and for a split second there was nothing...again. My heart sunk. I thought for sure this was our month! And then... I saw a very faint line start to appear, it grew slightly darker but was still so light. It took my breath away, I couldn't believe it! I could not believe it. I was finally pregnant :) My mind started racing... do I buy another test and make for sure for sure? How do I tell Tena? Do I tell Tena? (He'd be home in about a half an hour. I originally wanted to do something cute/creative to tell him, but there was obviously no time for that...I hadn't even showered since getting home from work). I decided it was more important to look presentable when I delivered the big news so I showered real quick and tried to look somewhat nice.
Tena came home, totally unsuspecting, and we got to talking, how we usually do. I was nervous but eventually worked up enough courage to tell him. He was ecstatic. "Really? Really?!" he kept asking. We looked up the due date, etc. After a while, I asked him so, what do you think? Heh, I'll never forget what he said, "Welll, right now it's just kinda food for thought." Haha, food for thought?? Oh Tena ;) Later on he mentioned to me that the night before he had prayed and felt that he was totally ready whenever it was to happen. I truly believe that you are blessed with a child when the time is right- and we don't always know when that time is (even if we think we do).
I am SO SO grateful to be pregnant. Tena and I couldn't be any happier; we can't wait to welcome this child into our family next spring :)
Memorial Day Hike
13 years ago

That's so exciting im glad it fnally happened for you. Parenthood is so much fun
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! That is so exciting! We had a very similar experience with our first. It took us a year and a half to get pregnant with our first, so I totally understand how you were/are feeling! I am so excited for you!!
ReplyDelete