5.23.2010

Frosted Mugs and Sleep-overs


So today is our 2nd anniversary! We celebrated yesterday by going out to dinner and then coming home to chill (we're waiting on warmer weather and/or plane tickets so we can really celebrate). Tena bought us these massive glass mugs a few days ago so we decided to try them out and make rootbeer floats! We weren't completely sure how to frost them, so I got them wet and stuck them in the freezer. In the meantime we finished a Japanese movie we had started earlier. I kept checking on them and they weren't getting frosty. They were super cold tho.... I finally decided we just wouldn't have frosty mugs. I pulled them out and they frosted right up! Haha, of course! How did we not know that :) So we made our floats in our giant frosty mugs and they were delicious!

Then came the sleep-over... We bought a bunch of our favorite songs (Lady Gaga, Killers, etc.) to play on RockBand2 and rocked out all night. I looked around at the messy family room. We had a bunch of blankets and pillows out cuz we were gonna sleep out there. We had Blizzard Creme Oreos (amazing. you gotta try them), sacks full of gummies, watermelon, our laptops, and games out everywhere. It totally made me feel like a kid again. It brought me right back to my childhood when we would have sleep-overs and the family room became our room. It was cluttered with all our stuff and was no longer a family room. We would make a fort and had our blankets, pillows, candy, and games all in it... Good times :) It was fun to share that experience with Tena. So around 1:30 am we quit the RB2 and finally went to bed. It was an awesome night :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate your second anniversary! Happy Anniversary by the way :)

    ReplyDelete